Sunday, December 29, 2013

Making Patterns! Now What?




The painting, NY13#18 that the above pattern is based on.

I've been trying to figure out how to make patterns with my paintings so that the patterns can be sold or licensed. I've begun tackling the first bear, making the patterns. The above pattern is based on NY13#18I used this tutorial to get me started - http://bit.ly/KffFrp  Still playing & figuring things out. Look below for more patterns!

As far as selling or licensing patterns, that's the next hungry, gristly bear to sort out. Any one got any advice? Surface design is what this pattern making can be called. And I'm open to putting these patterns on just about anything. But I really see them working with clothing & other textiles. I have several dream designers I've mentioned before that I would love to collaborate with; DVF Proenza Schouler. Imagine them as woven rugs or tapestries. What? My head is exploding...

The next 2 patterns are based on NY13#25














The next 2 patterns are based on NY13#26





















I want the details of the painting bigger, so I'll be working on that next. Also, want to make them less band-like & use more than 1 painting in a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment