Thursday, September 15, 2011

“Why Am I Afraid To Love?” or I Love Cheese Series


ny.11.#29  collage & mixed media on paper   7.5" x 12"


These are humorous and simple collages using some pages from a crazy ass book I found on the street. “Why Am I Afraid To Love?” is a book by John Powell written in 1967. As described on the back cover,
“There is a capacity and a yearning to love within all of us that we are afraid to release. We want to give ourselves to others but fear our gift will not be accepted. The author’s deep insights, gained as teacher, counselor and lecturer give us a rare opportunity to break this shell that encloses us.”
 Total cheese - but I love good cheese. As I flipped thru the book I was not afraid to love the graphics and the design and choice of pulled quotes it contained. I instantly new I could make collages out of this material.

All of these collages are available at beholder-art.com.















ny.11.#25   collage & mixed media on paper   7.5"x 4.25"





ny.11.#24   collage & mixed media on paper   7.5" x 4.25"







No comments:

Post a Comment